23rd January 2008
22nd January 2008
The diplomatic communiqués — marked "secret" — disclose that Canadian officials were aware that the Afghan National Directorate of Security (NDS) engaged in forms of torture of prisoners after they were transferred into NDS custody, the rights group said.
When the issue was lasted pressed in Parliament, the Cons pooh-poohed and misdirected. We don't have "proof" of torture, wheedled Day. We don't need proof. What we have is a system that allows for torture. What we unequivocally need is one that does not. Whether or not it is occurring is immaterial, except for the additional shame and dishonour it brings us.
The Conservatives are "soft" (to say the least!!) on capital punishment, on extraordinary rendition and torture, and ironically, on conservatism. The PCs once had a reputation as a staid and CONSERVATIVE (if corrupt and pro corporate interest) choice. Our present CPs have adopted the shrill, disingenuous moralizing, the cynical media manipulation and the paranoiac obfuscation of their Republican brethren. Not only have they abandoned Canadian values, they've abandoned their own values.
I'm moving to fucking Whitehorse. I'd just move to the bush in Quebec, but really, if push came to shove, we'd drag them down with the rest of us.
12th January 2008
8th January 2008
how are you?
i am fine
Here are ways to help you customize your journal:
- Change the look of your journal to make it look the way you want it.
- Upload Userpics and let other people know that you mean business.
Ready to start writing? There are many ways in which you can post:When you post an entry, you can use an "LJ-Cut" to hide everything underneath it with a link. This is useful for really long entries, hiding spoilers, and is usually done as a courtesy for your friends' Friends page.
- Private: The eyeball by entries like this one means that only you can see it.
- Friends-Only: The lock means only people you've added as a friend can see this post. You can also create custom friend groups so only a select few can read your entry.
Other ways to post an entry:
Mobile Post - Post photos and text from your mobile phone.
Voice Post - Say your post over the phone and we'll magically post the audio to your journal.
TxtLJ - Interact and post via text message.
LJ Talk - Post to your journal with LiveJournal's instant messaging feature.
Discover LiveJournal's true sense of community:
- Find people by Interest - Do you like fluffy bunnies? Well, so do 272 other people on LiveJournal.
Use LiveJournal for you mobile device:
- LiveJournal Mobile – use LJ’s mobile opportunities.